811 Car One Year Anniversary
By: Lareina Taing, Marketing Communications Specialist
October 19th marks the one-year anniversary of the unveiling of the 811 Car at the 2016 Greater Chesapeake Damage Prevention Training Conference (GCDPTC) in Ocean City, MD. Hundreds of people were present for the excitement at the Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, while thousands more watched the event live via Facebook.
One Call Concepts, Inc. (OCC) hosted an industry-wide unveil for the 811 Car four months later during the 2017 Common Ground Alliance (CGA) Excavation Safety Conference and Expo. Paul Jr. (designer of the 811 Car and 811 Bike) and Nub (painter of both vehicles) were available at OCC’s booth for questions, pictures, and just hanging out with conference-goers.
Since then, both damage prevention icons have traveled the nation together in a custom trailer, educating new audiences about the importance of protecting the underground infrastructure. Thus far, the 811 Car and 811 Bike have been “on the road to damage prevention” visiting the following cities:
- Lawrenceville, GA for a partnership event with Georgia 811on March 9, 2017.
- Orlando, Florida for the 2017 CGA Excavation Safety Conference and Expo on March 14-16, 2017.
- Uniondale, NY for the New York 811 Excavation Safety Expo on April 6, 2017.
- Corsicana and Cleburne, TX for Paradigm Pipeline Safety Meetings with Lone Star 811 on April 10-11, 2017.
- Trenton, NJ for a National Safe Digging Month press conference on April 17, 2017.
- St. Paul, MN for the HmongTown Marketplace with Gopher State One Call on April 28-29, 2017.
- Spokane, WA for the Spokane Lilac Festival Armed Forces Torchlight Parade with Washington 811 on May 20, 2017.
- Puyallup, WA for Dozer Days with Washington 811 on June 3-4, 2017.
- Sherwood, OR for the Cruisin’ Sherwood Classic and Custom Car show with Oregon 811 on June 10, 2017.
- Baltimore, MD for two Orioles vs. Cardinals baseball games with Miss Utility on June 17-18, 2017.
- Newton, IA for two races at the Iowa Speedway with Iowa One Call on July 8-9, 2017.
- Minot and Bismarck, ND for the North Dakota State Fair parade and Bismarck Larks baseball game with North Dakota One Call on July 22-24, 2017.
- Harrington, DE for the Delaware State Fair with Miss Utility on July 28-30, 2017.
- St. Louis, MO for a St. Louis Cardinals vs. Atlanta Braves baseball game with Missouri One Call System on August 11, 2017 (811 Day).
- Great Falls, MT for MontanaFair with Montana 811 on August 14-16, 2017.
- Moses Lake, WA for the Grant County Fair with Washington 811 on August 18-19, 2017.
- Grand Island, NE for the Nebraska State Fair with Nebraska 811 on September 1-3, 2017.
- San Diego, CA for the 2017 OCC Users’ Group Meeting on September 19-21, 2017.
- West Deptford, NJ for a New Jersey Common Ground Alliance Meeting on October 4, 2017.
- Mandeville, LA for “Digger’s Night Out” with Louisiana One Call on October 10, 2017.
The OCC 811 vehicles will continue the tradition of educating stakeholders on the importance of underground safety and damage prevention during the coming year. Keep an eye out for them. If you are interested in booking the 811 Car and 811 Bike for a damage prevention event near you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!